Monday, September 17, 2012

I am missing some "me" time...

Yes, I know it's been a month since I last blogged...but until the day before yesterday, it has been a month since I have done any researching.....I know right?!?! CRAZY! It has been a long, long month. ;) With no research the time goes so sllllooowww.  I have been so busy though.  Today is the start of the 4th week of school.  So with my kids off everyday to school what have I been doing??? Great question! Cleaning, and organizing and cleaning and organizing.  Most people do their cleaning in the spring...yeah not me.  I always wait for the fall for some reason.  Maybe it's the return to a normal schedule, I don't know. But I have been working.  And I am almost done and it is beautiful.  Of course, it will only last until my next big project...

So on to what I did on Saturday...my best friend texted me on Friday and (while she had been doing her own cleaning) had found two books that had been given to her by her husband's uncle.  Still with me? lol.  One is a Lutheran Hymnal and the other a Bible.  Inside is written three names: Frank Roloson, Julia V. Mahlman and Overmyer Roloson.  Her question was who were these people and how are they related to us??  Oh I took this mystery on with gladness....nothing I love more!

Well, I wrote down the names of her husband's parents & grandparents, and took photo's of the books pages.  Armed with little else to go on, I set out to find these people.  Finding Grandpa Michael D. Roloson was not hard at all.  He passed in Tombstone, AZ in 1988.  A little searching on ancestry.com was all it took to find Michael living with a Frank and Julia Roloson in 1910.  Although, it had his name as being Mickel.  Mickel had two brothers, Alvin and Orloff, who were also living with them.  Found them all again in 1920, still living together, but this time it has Michael as actually being Michael.  Wonderful. I found a marriage index for a George W. F. Roloson marrying a Julia V. Mahlman.  Interesting... I move on to Frank and Julia to prove that George W. F. Roloson is the same person as Frank Roloson from the books. One thing, that really leads me to believe that these are the same person is that birthday's are the same year.  But the thing that cinched it, is when I found Julia Roloson's death certificate on familysearch.org.  It lists husband as Geo. Frank Roloson.  I continue for a few more hours working on Michael's brothers.  Such rich history there in Columbus, Ohio. 

It has been fun, working on this family.  Found a lot of them on findagrave.com also.  Worked with a really nice lady on linking family members and adding full dates on their memorials.  But the best part was getting to share what I had found last night with my best friend.  While it isn't her direct line, it is her children's.  In the end, I found that Frank Roloson and Julia Mahlman are her husband's 2nd Great Grandparents.  I never did find Overmyer but I will continue to work on this for awhile to see if I can place him.  We will see...

My best friend was so happy to see all I found that her happiness dripped out her eyes.  Love being able to bring happiness to other's through this crazy work of finding dead people. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment