Thursday, April 19, 2012

1940 Census...yes!!!

Just like every other genealogist out there, the release of the 1940 U.S. Federal Census has been in the forefront of my mind since April 2nd.  I was unable to look at it the first day due to the fact that I was in Reno shopping with my Dad.  The rest of that week, it was very difficult to spend much time looking through the millions of un-indexed sheets to find my family.  The only one that I thought I might have the chance to find was my Grandma & Grandpa Adamson in Granite, Ore.  Granite was/is a very small town.  At the time, it was inhabited with many miners working the Dredge between it and Baker City.  So I opened the file for Granite and there they were on the very first page.  Very cool.

Since then I have helped to index many pages of the 1940 census.  I love helping do this...just wish I had more time to help get it up and indexed.  I have also found some other family members, including my Grandpa Bill's (Adamson) mother and step father, Nina & Chester Hammond, in Hot Springs, Madison, Montana.

My Grandma & Grandpa Adamson are listed on line 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment